Communism in U.S.
22 Key Goals Of Communism In America
How Many Have Already Been Accomplished?
Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963 .
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
22 Key Goals Of Zionist Communist Bolshevism In America
1. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
2. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
3. Gain control of all student newspapers.
4. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
5. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
6. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
7. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
8. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
9. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
10. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
11. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
12. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
13. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
14. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
15. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture."
16. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
17. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
18. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
19. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
20. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
21. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
22. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.